- Midlothian Council offices in Midlothian House, 40-46 Buccleuch Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1DN
- £27,804 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Senior Project Officer, Active Travel Strategy
£27,804 per annum
Up to 37.5 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working
Base: Home working initially, based within Midlothian Council Offices once restrictions allow
About the role
As the Sustrans Senior Project Officer, you will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people within Midlothian Council and others within local government, professional bodies and authorities to assist the development and delivery of a transformative sustainable and active travel strategy.
Your day to day duties will be advised by the Local Authority, with line management provided for you by the Partnerships Manager at Sustrans Scotland.
You will work across council departments and in partnership with external organisations, to consolidate cooperation amongst stakeholders and delivery partners, to identify and develop opportunities for investment in active travel, to make it easier for people to walk, wheel and cycle in Midlothian.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects for Midlothian Council on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within a commutable distance of Dalkeith, where the role will be based once Covid restrictions are lifted.
You should have experience of partnership working and be able to build relationships with ease. You will proactively engage within Midlothian Council and affiliated agencies, to develop and promote the Active Travel Strategy.
To be effective in this role, you will have a working knowledge of the active travel sector in Scotland and be able to think strategically.
We will look for you to evidence your experience in partnership projects. You should be an excellent communicator to facilitate both writing bids and applications for funding opportunities as well as reports.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We aim to be a truly inclusive employer, and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
What we offer
In return we can offer ongoing working from home (or a nearby Sustrans office when it’s safe to do so) and a truly flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant. Sustrans is the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We connect people and places, create liveable neighbourhoods, transform the school run and deliver a happier, healthier commute.
Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together!
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59 18th January 2022
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Tuesday 1st February 2022
To apply, please complete our online application form. More details of our vacancies can be found at http://www.sustrans.org.uk/job-vacancies/