- Tayside Contracts, 1 Soutar Street, DD3 8SS
- £31,408.00 - £33,858.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Vacancy Ref: 14981
Contracts House, 1 Soutar Street, Dundee
37 hours per week
£31,408 - £33,858 (pay award pending and salary placing will be dependent on skills and experience)
Tayside Contracts is the commercial trading arm of the Councils of Angus, Dundee City and Perth & Kinross and provides Construction and Facilities Management. With a turnover of around £76m and a workforce in excess of 2,500 we are one of the largest employers in Tayside.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
• Managing the Finance Team responsible for Purchase Ordering, Purchase Ledger, Sales
Ledger, Job Billing, Cash/Banking and Credit Control.
• Ensuring that all financial transactions are processed in an efficient, accurate and timely
• Challenging the procedures and processes in place, identifying continuous improvement,
developing and managing the financial processes and controls requiredrequired.
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of the finance systems, being responsible
for the testing of the modules used by the Finance Team.
• Ensure that the Financial Regulations are being upheld by the Finance Team and by other
Tayside Contracts staff.
You will have an HND in Accounting or equivalent, with staff management experience supervising within Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Cash/Bank. You will need detailed knowledge of financial systems and financial processing and be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel. You will be able to plan and organise work for yourself and a team of around 6 staff to meet targets and work to deadlines.
The recruitment interview will be by video conference in recognition of the current arrangements due to COVID-19.
Apply online via our website or call for an application pack.
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 17 MAY 2021 AT 12 NOON
INTERVIEW DATE: TUESDAY 1 JUNE 2021