- 32 Scotstown Road, Aberdeen, AB23 8HG
- £9.62 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
This position has expired.
Job title: Cleaner
Responsible to: Facilities Supervisor; responsible to site management when working at sites
Hours of work: 10 hours per week - hours of work between 6 am and 9 am.
Salary SCP 18 £18,131 Pro Rata - £9.62/hour.
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure site and reporting any faults that you may find.
- Maximize his/her own performance and contribution.
- Manage his/her time effectively.
- Working on own initiative.
- Ensure they comply with internal and external regulations, policies, procedures, risk assessments, and other requirements appertaining to the organisation.
- Clean designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, emptying bins, restroom cleaning, etc.)
- Ability to deep clean environments when it is necessary and called for.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned.
- Although working within a team environment, one needs to be able to work predominately alone and take responsibility for personal time management.
- Prioritize tasks in accordance with the internal cleaning program and rota.
- Provide a comprehensive cleaning service, following and adhering to work schedules.
- Ensuring the external access routes to the building is free and clear.
- Clean male and female toilets
- Use and care of electrical equipment and cleaning materials, recognizing and reporting faults and problems.
- Ensure that the security of buildings and rooms cleaned are maintained at all times and that building faults and other occurrences are reported as necessary.
- Ensure that Health & Safety instructions and current working practices are followed at all times.
- Use good customer care practices, liaise with staff and customers and give guidance and assistance to visitors and contractors.
- In order to meet operational requirements and maintain a safe, clean and secure facility, you may be required, from time to time, to be flexible in your approach to work and to undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the Management Team.
- In form management of stock levels or additional required materials.
- Knowledge of how to clean up hazardous materials.
- Ensure cleaning supplies are cared for a stored in line with COSHH guidance.
- Follow organisational health and safety risk assessments and make sure cleaning standards match those.
Basis, Values and Equal Opportunities
- To respect and work according to the Aims and Values Policy of the organisation at all times, and be responsible for the demonstration of these on the course of daily work.
- To respect and work according to all relevant policies applicable to this position, including Equality & Diversity, Conduct, Confidentiality.