- 32 Scotstorn Road, Aberdeen, AB23 8HG
- £18,131 - £18,916 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
Job Title: Corporate Services – Modern Apprentice
Responsible to: Support Services Lead
Responsible for: N/A
SSSC registration level: NA
Salary: (Scale Points 18-20) £18,131 - £18,916
Provide general administrative support to the Corporate Services Team.
- Undertake basic administration tasks under supervision, such as filing and archiving, dealing with internal mail, dealing with franking outgoing mail and going to the post office.
- Undertake transactional finance tasks such as processing purchase invoices, raising purchase orders, petty cash reconciliations, raising monthly sales invoices, preparing payment run following and closing out monthly finance routines
- Complete building checks and various monthly checklists as required
- Provide ad hoc admin support as required.
- Work through a structured personal development plan, gaining exposure to all areas of Corporate Services administration including HR, Health and Safety, Quality, Finance and Facilities Management.
- Assist in donation sorting where required during busy periods.
- Proficiently use Microsoft suite of applications (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Learn to use cloud based applications including HR and Finance databases.
- Providing general IT support to staff throughout the Organisation via tickets raised within our ticketing tool.
General Terms of Reference:
In carrying out the above activities, the Modern Apprentice will:
- Maximise his/her own performance and contribution to the admin team by having a flexible approach to the work of the team, be committed to providing a first class support service – both to colleagues within the Admin team, and the wider organisation; demonstrating computer competence; working towards developing excellent communication skills, time management skills and interpersonal skills. Be willing to undertake training to develop skills as required.
- Ensure he/she complies with internal and external regulations, policies, procedures and other requirements relating to our work.
- Act professionally and discreetly at all times. During the course of carrying out the duties of this post, the post holder will have access to confidential information and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain the good reputation of the organisation.
- Carry out other relevant work commensurate with the post as required.
Basic Values and Equal Opportunities:
- To respect and work according to Aberdeen Cyrenians’ aims and values in all aspects of the job and be responsible for the demonstration of these in the course of the daily work.
- To respect and work according to our Equality & Diversity Policy and ensure its promotion in the course of daily work.
Qualifications / Education / Knowledge:
- National 4 English and Maths - Essential
- National 5 English and Maths - Desirable
- Previous experience of office work - Desirable
- IT Literate with experience in using computers - Essential
- Team player - Essential
- Self starter - Essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times - Essential
- Works within Aberdeen Cyrenians Aims and Values - Essential