- Kintail Gardens, 10 Glen Affric Avenue, G53 7XA
- £9.50 per hour £9,880 pro rata per annum (£18,525.00 fte)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
NEW Care Assistant Opportunity in Darnley, Glasgow
At Bield we value kindness above all and as part of our team you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of older people. Every day is different when you work in Health and Social Care and while it may not be the job for everyone, if you are reliable, compassionate and have a natural ability to care then you’ll soon become an important part of our already outstanding and supportive teams.
We are currently expanding our customer base within our Retirement Plus service, Kintail Gardens in Darnley, and are eager to recruit people who share our values and are motivated to make a difference. Right now, we have a part time Care Assistant position available, working 20 hours per week over 3 days on a shift rota basis where you will be providing care at home services to older people living in a Bield housing development or the immediate local community.
You will bring,
- An enthusiasm for providing the very highest standard of care and support, focusing on achieving positive outcomes for our customers.
- A kind and caring attitude which enables you to assist people to live independently, by supporting them with their agreed and personalised care and support plan.
- A flexible approach and strong team ethos which helps us to exceed our customer expectations every day.
- It is essential that your employment, volunteering or life experience will demonstrate your understanding, sensitivity and compassion for others.
- Ideally you will have relevant work experience within a care at home setting, providing person centred care and support to older people and already hold qualifications suitable for SSSC registration as a support worker in care at home services i.e. SVQ 2 Health and Social Care or be willing to complete your qualifications as soon as possible.
- We can discuss your availability at interview but working in Health and Social Care does bring a requirement to be available to work weekends, early mornings or later evenings and public holidays so you’ll need to be available to work at those times. In return we’ll try to make sure that the rota for the service is arranged in advance to help you plan around work commitments.
- If you would like the ability to work more flexibly then you may find that joining our bank of casual workers will provide you with the flexibility to balance work and home commitments.
- Hourly Rate starting at £9.50 per hour
- There may be an option to work additional hours in your own or other services, although this can’t always be guaranteed.
- We’ll support you and pay to help you achieve a vocational qualification (SVQ) if you don’t have one already and there are opportunities for further professional development if you do.
- Excellent holidays, up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees). With the option to buy or sell holidays each year.
- Payment of your PVG with Disclosure Scotland
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
You may be considering a new career in social care or thinking about changing your current role and either way we would be pleased to hear from you. You should find it straightforward to apply using our online application form but if you need any help with the application process please contact our HR Team.
Please like our Facebook page to find out about new vacancies!
Bield Housing & Care. Scottish Charity no. SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146