- 468 Gilmerton Road, Gilmerton, Edinburgh, EH17 7SA
- £20,319 - £20,533 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 27.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Erskine Edinburgh Home
27.5 hours per week, 5 over 7 days
(Various Shifts between 8.00am and 7.00pm)
Grade 1 Salary £20,319 - £20,533 per annum, pro rata
Permanent, Part Time role
Closing Date: Sunday, 5th June 2022
Working for Erskine:
“ERSKINE is an iconic Scottish charity, formed in 1916 by Scotland’s compassionate response to the horrors of war. A century later, we still believe that Veterans and their families deserve our utmost respect and compassion, for the sacrifices they made and the challenges they now face. At Erskine, we work as a dedicated team to ensure that Veterans of all ages are cared for to the highest of standards in a beautiful, fun-filled environment, made up of four care homes and a Veterans Village of cottages, activities centre and apartments.
Working in social care can be demanding. However, at Erskine it will also be rewarding and fulfilling. You will be making an incredible difference to the lives of our residents and their loved ones, at a critical time. We value skills and qualifications, but we prize kindness and compassion, above all. Our team is crucial to providing the best care possible, so we recognise and reward our employees with benefits including employer pension contribution of up to 10%, fantastic career opportunities, and enhanced annual leave.
If you are kind and committed, then you do have what it takes to be part of the team here at Erskine! The ultimate aim is exceptional care and support to our ex-service community and everyone in every role, in every department plays their part.”
You will be part of a team carrying out Laundry, Housekeeping, Food Service and hygiene duties to meet our resident’s needs. You will have continuing responsibility for ensuring the provision of a high quality service to our home.
Experience not necessary as training will be given.
· Successful candidates for this post will receive a welcome bonus of £500 (pro rata for part time) paid in instalments - £250 after 3 months service and a further £250 after 6 months service
· 28 days annual leave plus 5 public holidays, increasing to 33 days per year, at the rate of 1 additional day for 5 years
· Employer pension contribution of up to 10%
· Free payment of PVG
- Uniform provided
- Structured Induction programme
- Flexible working/Hybrid working considered
- Fantastic progression opportunities with development, training and ongoing support
- Enhanced sick & maternity pay
- On site Occupational Health Service
- Access to credit union
- Work in modern, purpose-built facilities
- Free On-Site Parking
- Health and Wellbeing Scheme – e.g. complimentary fresh fruit, yoga classes and Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to Employee Reward Scheme which provides a huge range of discounts on everything from holidays to high street shopping, restaurants and cinema tickets.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are selected for interview, you will receive an invite by email (please ensure you check your spam / junk mailbox).
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a PVG Scheme Disclosure.
Please apply online at erskine.org.uk/careers. If you require the application in another format please contact the HR Department on 0800 085 7191.