- 168 High Street, EH21 7DZ
- £19,626 - £20,319 per year per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Recovery Workers work in small collaborative teams to provide people with recovery focused support to enhance their mental wellbeing. In line with Penumbra’s values, Recovery Workers assist people who use the service to work towards their individual outcomes and identified goals, as detailed in their personal plan.
You will be joining a growing team in East Lothian. You will adaptable and flexible in working with individuals both in their tenancies and in wider community settings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist people who use the service to work toward their identified goals, and move towards a brighter future as per the agreed personal plan.
- Use Penumbra’s Recovery tools (e.g. I.ROC, HOPE toolkit)
- Assist with personal care when required.
- Update and maintain relevant recording systems, including computer-based systems.
- Meet regularly with other team members to review progress, approach concerns and plans for moving forward
- Assist in project work as required.
- Work in cooperation with colleagues, and staff from other agencies.
- Work in accordance to Penumbra’s policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other members of the team, and liaise effectively with families, agencies, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- Uphold Penumbra’s Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC as appropriate and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements.
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required.
Closing date: Monday 20th December 2021 at 7pm.
Interviews: Online via Zoom, date tbc.
Working Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week).
Location: East Lothian.
Leave: 33 days per annum including public holidays.
Special Conditions: Local travel and lone working. Driving license with access to a car is preferable (petrol reimbursed). Evenings and weekends may be required.
Covid 19: during the pandemic this post will involve face to face support in individual tenancies and in the community. Occasional telephone support.
For more information and to apply, visit Penumbra Careers (changeworknow.co.uk)