- 83 Colinton Mains Road, EH13 9DL
- £11.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Autism and Specialist Behavioural Support Worker
Permanent guaranteed hours
£11.50 per Hour
Redcroft Care Homes Ltd is a private and developing organisation based in Edinburgh supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health on a Residential, Housing Support Services and Home Care basis in Edinburgh.
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers in Colinton Mains, Edinburgh. As an Autism and Specialist Behavioural Support worker, you will be responsible for supporting people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviour to live full lives, develop skills and maintain their wellbeing. This will be within 2 units with 4-6 service users.
Our shifts vary over a 24/7 period, but the earliest shift starts at 7am; the latest finishing time is 10pm. Full-time and Part-time, permanent vacancies available.
Our ethos is to be family orientated, professional, hard-working, service user led and fun.
· Minimum 1 year of experience working with people with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Autism and Challenging Behaviour which includes physical aggression.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English and good interpersonal skills.
· Training and knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support and Autism desirable.
· Good reporting & recording skills.
- Qualifications of SVQ 2 or higher in health and social care (or equivalent) is desirable but not required for employment. Applicants should be willing to work towards gaining an SVQ 2 in health and social care.
- To be person-centred in all aspects of your role.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Annual clothing allowance.
- Statutory pension.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave.
If interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Full-time hours: 36 hours per week
Part-time hours: 20-30 hours per week