- Perth Grammar School, Gowans Terrace, Perth, PH1 5AZ
- £28,809 - £38,292 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Music Instructor - Pipe Band Drumming 0.3FTE (Fixed Term for 3 Years) - PKC08158
£28,809 - £38,292 (pro-rata)
Based at Perth Grammar School
Perth & Kinross Instrumental Music Service are recruiting for an Instrumental Music Instructor (Pipe Band Drumming), delivering Piping Instruction to Perth Grammar School and the following primary schools: North Muirton, Stanley, Murthly, Balhousie, Luncarty, St Ninians and Tulloch.
You will create a performance pipe band by the end of year 1, based at Perth Grammar, comprised of pipers and drummers from the above schools.
Job Specific Requirements
Knowledge & Experience
- A relevant music qualification or a proven track record of teaching experience
- A good grounding in general musicianship and effectively organise personal timetables and pupil progress reports.
- Be able to work to deadlines and forward planning.
- Should be sensitive to the musical learning needs of pupils
Health & Safety
- You must be able to cope with the demands of the job and attend on a regular basis.
- You must have an awareness of Health and Safety issues as they affect you and others and comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Equality & Dignity at Work
- Be able to treat pupils, colleagues parents in accordance with the Council’s policies on equalities and dignity at work
- Applicants must be able to communicate well with pupils, parents and colleagues.
Achievement of Results
- Deliver a structured progressive programme of Instrumental Instruction
- Prepare existing pupils if required for all SQA. examinations
- Where appropriate, prepare and enter pupils for external examinations.
- Be able to keep an Instructors’ Record of Work Book and compile reports. All IMS staff will receive annual ERD and QA visits
- Ability to work as part of a team of 30 instructors employed by Perth & Kinross Council. Instruction is delivered in both primary & secondary schools and is linked to musical activities which take part in Perth & Kinross schools and Central Groups.
At interview, candidates will be asked to perform a short piece of their choice and talk through the first few lessons of a beginner pupil.
Please contact Allan Young, Music Co-ordinator on 01738 477873, for further information about this vacancy.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.