- Yell Based Vessels, c/o Port Admin Building, Sella Ness, Sullom Voe, ZE2 9QR
- £32,361.26 - £33,708.08 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 42.78 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Deckhand is the seaman on board the vessel who performs the day to day seafaring duties on board. The Deckhand is under the command of the Master and reports to the Mate or Engineer.
More details is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached below.
This post is based on the Yell Based Vessels.
Please follow the link below for further information.
- The grade of this post is Grade G
- Permanent, Full Time post for 42.78 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Salary shown is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance (£2,235 per annum), contracted overtime payment and unsocial allowance payment.
- A relocation package does not apply to this post.
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact Michael Williamson, Route Master - email email@example.com
The main duties of the Deckhand include:-
- Moors & un-moors the vessel effectively and safely; operates windlass, capstan, shore-ramps & bow visors;
- Keeps lookout on passage during daylight hours or darkness as required by the Master or Mate and assists the bridge team in the performance of their duties with particular regard to the prevention of collision, safety of navigation, avoidance of pollution, and alertness to the safety and welfare of passengers when carried;
- Operates watertight closing arrangements and cooperates in emergency teams;
- Operates and maintains fire-fighting devices and life-saving equipment. Musters and disembarks passengers;
You must hold or be capable of satisfying the requirements for a Deck Rating Grade 2.
You must hold proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats (STCW A-VI/2-1) or equivalent.
You must hold a valid unrestricted ENG1 Medical certificate.