- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £28,756 - £30,497 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
An enthusiastic and motivated individual, you will join our vibrant team based at our Garthdee Campus. In this varied post, you will assess applications for admission and provide advice and guidance to prospective students who wish to study a course at Robert Gordon University. You will be one of the main contacts for applicants throughout the application process and will be jointly responsible for all communications and tasks relating to their application and admission.
Educated to degree level with an understanding of the challenges facing student recruitment, you will have proven customer service and communication skills along with experience of data entry and processing in an online system. A team worker with good time management and organisational skills, you'll have good attention to detail and a proven commitment to providing a positive customer experience. You'll also be able to work well under pressure to agreed procedures and timescales.
We're in the business of changing lives, developing students into highly employable graduates. This is your opportunity to be part of that amazing journey and join our 1500 colleagues who already enjoy the vibrant community.
Informal enquiries are welcome to Donna Simpson, Admissions Manager at email@example.com
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter through myjobscotland, detailing your suitability for the role as set out in the person specification.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Admissions Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No supervisory responsibility.
PURPOSE OF THE POST: To assess applications for the various courses available at RGU and where suitable, issue the appropriate offer using our online systems.
- Provide a high level of customer care to enquirers and applicants by providing appropriate advice and guidance at all times.
- Assess applications to the various courses at the University to determine the suitability for the course applied for.
- Issue the appropriate offers to applicants using SITS, UCAS or approved application system
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues within the schools and central support departments related to the admission of students.
- Ensure applicant information is correct in order to maintain a high level of data integrity and ensure the relevant communications are sent.
- Assess applicants to determine the appropriate tuition fee status and visa requirements that are particularly important for our full-time International applicants.
- Support new students during the enrollment process.
- Maintain a current understanding of issues and developments relating to admissions from internal and external sources such as new course developments and Government initiatives, including student immigration requirements.
- Provide support to applicants and schools at recruitment events.
- Provide support to Immigration Team when required.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Educated to first degree level, or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of the challenges facing universities when recruiting students.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity within a higher education environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook;
-Actively involved in answering enquiries by phone, email and face to face providing advice and guidance for the customer and to a high standard.
- Able to demonstrate a positive contribution to team working whilst having the ability to manage personal workload.
- Understanding of the UCAS and/or online application systems.
- An understanding of admissions processes and procedures for applicants.
- Knowledge of student immigration requirements.
- Working knowledge of CRM communication systems or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a higher education environment specifically related to the admission of students.
Behaviour 1: Service Delivery - Experience of exploring and adapting a service to meet customers’ expectations and also identifying ways of improving standards
Behaviour 2: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey information requiring careful explanation and information of a complex or conceptual nature, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 3: Team Work and Motivation - Experience of being supportive and encouraging to others, with a flexible approach to delivering team results. Actively contribute to team morale
Behaviour 4: Decision Making - Experience of using own judgement to make decisions, making collaborative decisions with others to reach conclusions and providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others