- Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, DD1 4NY
- £33,639 - £37,167 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Multimedia Graphic Designer
£33,639 - £37,167
35 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for a creative, innovative, experienced and enthusiastic graphic designer with vision and imagination to join our busy Communications Team.
· have strong creative vision, bringing your expertise, skill, ideas, passion and problem solving approach to help us deliver fresh and creative solutions for both internal and external communications, including digital and social media
· be a confident and engaging communicator
· be skilled in picking up new and emerging design and engagement products, technologies and techniques
· have experience of the full range of design from brands to products
· advise colleagues on the best design solutions to reach our audiences that promote and support our brand and reputation, including advising on and producing infographics and audio/visual formats
· lead and develop our brand framework
· manage print and product suppliers
· coordinate and develop our publications, image and digital media libraries
· develop graphics and digital media to support publications, events and announcements
· be used to creating and editing short video and animation
· be keen to challenge and find new ways to do things, always looking for ways to add value.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social work, social care and early years services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social work, social care and early years workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
· Experience of working in multimedia/graphic design either agency or inhouse with a strong track record of delivery.
· A degree in a relevant subject.
· Evidence of your creative design skills.
· Expert skills using Adobe Creative Cloud and design packages.
· An understanding of UX and UI principles, best practice and techniques.
· Excellent communication, written, verbal, and facilitation skills to build and sustain working relationships and work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
· Excellent decision making, planning and organisational skills to manage a dynamic workload with conflicting demands and be able to work to tight deadlines.
· Experience using Microsoft 365 applications.
Although not essential, experience of photo, video and audio editing and production (and experience of Adobe premiere and/or Final Cut Pro) would be an advantage.
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service). Please note new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range.
Our office is in Dundee but, during COVID-19, this role is home based until we don’t need to physically distance. We encourage remote working and support a less office-based format even after restrictions are lifted. We are developing our agile working policy and are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option, depending on job requirements (such as being in the office for training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria determined by the new policy. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification.
To apply, please submit the completed online application form by 8am on Monday 1 November 2021. We expect to hold interviews week beginning 15 November 2021.