- Sustrans office in Edinburgh or Glasgow with the flexibility to work from home, or home-based within reasonable travelling distance from Edinburgh or Glasgow. , G4 9RH
- £32,475 - £38,855 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Strategic Business Manager
Up to 37.5 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working
Base: Hybrid, Scotland
About the role
The Strategic Business Manager is an exciting role working at the heart of our teams and programmes in Scotland.
You will be responsible for delivering strategic planning, business planning and organisation performance for Sustrans in Scotland, ensuring that our activities on the ground deliver against our strategic vision for active travel and our commitments to our partners. Key to this role is building and maintaining relationships with internal colleagues and teams, communities, central and local government, active delivery partners, Transport Scotland and other key stakeholders.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary. Candidates will have the flexibility to work from home, with travel expected to a nominated hub/office base in Edinburgh or Glasgow on occasion.
You should have experience of working across teams and partners to deliver planning and performance in a complex organisation to deliver a strategic vision.
You will be able to communicate clearly and effectively, with a diverse range of partners and have experience of collaborating with multiple external agencies to understand best practice. You will be able to understand complex information and make it clear to others. You will be organised and adept at organising others, with great attention to detail.
Knowledge of best practice in business and strategic planning and performance management is key, allowing you to implement and embed changes to drive results.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity & respect.
What we offer
In return we can offer ongoing working from home (or a nearby Sustranshub) and a truly flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
· 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
· Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
· Staff volunteer days
· 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
· We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
· Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
· Bike, computer and season ticket loans
· Discount benefits
· Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
· Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
· Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59,12th June
· Interviews will take place via MS Teams around 22nd June
To apply, please complete our online application form. More details of our vacancies can be found at http://www.sustrans.org.uk/about-us/vacancies.
Sustrans is the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We connect people and places, create liveable neighbourhoods, transform the school run and deliver a happier, healthier commute.
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant. Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together!