Immediate hiring required
Please note you MUST have a valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle to be eligible for this role
We are seeking Female Health Care Assistants, due to the nature of our client base (Elderly and Female). We are looking for a naturally caring and committed individual to join our team. You must be able to drive and have access to your own transport.
Carrick Home Services is a well-respected, family owned and run Care at Home Provider based in East Edinburgh. Can you provide helpful, friendly care and support in someone's home? Are you trustworthy and reliable? If the answers are yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We offer excellent rates of pay and are looking for people who can work at our busiest times which include early mornings, evenings and alternate weekends. No experience required, we only request that you are a people person with a compassionate nature.
Health Care Assistant Requirements:
You must be able to work every other weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) .
You must be:
- 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable people.
- You will need to be caring, kind, patient, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Willing to undertake Personal Care tasks including bathing and toileting.
- Able to follow Carrick Home Services policies and procedures
- Be comfortable working within either a team setting or lone working.
- Some Care-based experience is preferable but not essential.
- Hold a current or willing to undertake a PVG check.
This job role consists of:
- Assisting vulnerable and elderly clients in their own homes with personal care tasks such as: Dressing, Bathing, Toileting and Medication
- Undertaking household tasks such as Housework, Meal preparation, Laundry & Shopping
- Building strong working relationships with your clients and fellow colleagues.
What we have to offer:
- Top rates of pay in Edinburgh: £10.00 p/h weekdays, £10.50 p/h weekends
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme for all staff
- 28 Days of Paid Annual Leave (pro-rata)
- 45p per mile towards mileage
- Permanent Contracts with guaranteed hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Hours for both full time and part time roles
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced Rate for Bank Holidays
- In-depth Induction Training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Career Development with the opportunity for gain your SVQ Level 2 (and 3) in Health and Social Care
- A friendly and supportive management team.
- On-going support & Supervision & Specific Training (Dementia, Multiple Sclerosis, Huntingdon’s & Motor Neuron Disease)
- We are an Accredited Living Wage Employer, therefore your wage will go up every year.
- Wellness programs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £10.00 - Weekdays, £10.50 - Weekends
All PPE provided