At Burnfield Care Home, a Support Worker is a key member of our team, delivering front-line personal care and practical support to our residents in accordance with their individual care needs. This will be a person-centered and an outcomes-focused approach.
A Support Worker will be responsible for the provision of a high standard of care and support for our residents at all times, whilst demonstrating compassion and empathy in their approach. They will report to senior staff and management, and may have regular contact with other staff members, and other persons and professionals whilst carrying out their duties.
- Good communication, both written and verbal;
- Interpersonal and transferable skills relating to care;
- Personal experience of delivering care support services is desirable, but not essential;
- Full-time: The role consists of 7.5 hours shifts, early and late, across a 5 out of 7 days rota system
- Part-time: The role consists of 7.5 hours shifts, early and late, across a 3 or 4 out of 7 days rota system.
- Free registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post;
- Compliance with the laws governing the care sector, and the professional and ethical codes of conduct and standards as stated by the Care Inspectorate and Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- A minimum of SVQ 2 Health and Social Care is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided;
- However, a willingness to achieve the relevant qualifications would be welcomed.
We value and support our staff, and provide a programme of continuous training and career progression opportunities.
Reference ID: BF/NA
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: Up to £12.43 per hour | £22,622.60 per year (pro rata)