West Lothian Council
Be part of something special. Be part of West Lothian Council
Do you want to become a team member at Scotland’s most successful local authority?
We deliver services for over 175,000 customers every day. We are West Lothian’s largest employer and for over 20 years we have grown into one of Scotland’s best performing public organisations renowned for our innovation and forward thinking.
We have built an enviable reputation. A reputation built on continuous improvement, passion and achievement.
Unlike many other areas in Scotland, West Lothian continues to grow with an increasing elderly population and an increasing younger population. The challenge for us is to provide the best possible services to a diverse and growing number of people. Improving the quality of life for those who live, work and do business in West Lothian is what we do every single day, and we will always aspire to go the extra mile for our customers. Would you do the same?
We are delighted that you’re interested in joining Scotland’s most successful local authority.
- West Lothian Council was named one of the UK’s top three Local Authorities at the UK Housing Awards
- West Lothian Council achieved the European Foundation of Quality Management’s (EFQM) 5 star status. In addition the council achieving the highest score in Scotland
- West Lothian Council was the overall winner of the Scottish Award for Business Excellence at the Quality Scotland Awards 2016
- West Lothian Council has recently become a Living Wage accredited employer
Our vision is simple - to be the best council in Scotland and to deliver the best services possible for our customers.
Achieving that calls for fresh thinking, commitment and forward thinking. Achieving that calls for motivated, committed and gifted team members.
Is that you? If the answer is yes, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- I want to be part of an award winning public sector organisation
- I want to work in the heart of Scotland’s central belt with first class transport links
- I want to learn, develop and achieve more in my career
- I want to look back on my career and know that I made a difference
West Lothian Council is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and is committed to advancing LGBT equality and this is reflective in all our policies which are inclusive of all protected characteristics.