The General Teaching Council for Scotland
HELP US ENSURE THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOMES FOR LEARNERS IN SCOTLAND
We are the General Teaching Council for Scotland. We register and regulate the teaching profession as a safeguard for the quality of education in Scotland. We work to maintain and enhance trust in teaching. We are a statutory body meaning our role is set out in law - we are independent of government.
Why work for us?
- Make a difference to the quality of learning and teaching for children, young people and adult learners in Scotland.
- Flexible working is our default and is open to all. You will have flexibility over when and where you work, depending on the requirements of the role. Most of our people choose to primarily work from home but office space is available if preferred. You will be expected to travel to our office in Edinburgh to attend collaborative events and as the role requires. Please talk to us about your individual flexibility preferences.
- Learning is one of our core principles. We will support your learning and development to help you perform at your best in your role and to develop your future career.
- Annual leave entitlement is a generous 41 days.
- Local Government Pension Scheme is open to all employees.
- Trust and Respect - All of us are equally important. We seek out and listen to others’ views. We support each other and build positive working relationships.
- Integrity – We do what we say we will. We deliver on our plans and effectively communicate with others. We are committed to continually learning and improving.
- Social Justice – We embrace diversity. We understand the importance of positive wellbeing and seek to support each other and our registrants. We want you to feel like you belong.