Shetland Recreational Trust
Shetland Recreational Trust was established in 1982, originally known as the Clickimin Recreational Trust. The Trust has Charitable status and operates eight leisure facilities throughout Shetland, providing opportunities and quality facilities to the islands entire population.
We have around 220 staff helping people to stay active, stay healthy and to reach new goals on a personal level, as well as to compete locally, nationally and internationally.
‘Improving lives through sport and leisure activity’
Our Mission Statement
‘To inspire and support people in Shetland to be active and healthy’
The following are the four key strategic objectives that underpin our mission statement;
- Providing high quality and accessible facilities
- Delivering a broad range of enjoyable activities
- Having motivated and skilled staff
- Sustaining the Trust and services for future generations
The principles that guide our actions and behaviours are our values, which are:
- RESPECT – We uphold the dignity of every person.
- INSPIRATION - We have energy, desire and determination to succeed in all we do and to inspire every individual within our community.
- TEAMWORK – We will work together for the benefit of all.
- ENJOYMENT - Everyone will not only benefit from participating in sport and recreational activity with us but will also have fun doing it.