Skills Development Scotland
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland to develop and apply their skills.
SDS was formed in 2008 as a non-departmental public body, bringing together careers, skills, training and funding services.
SDS plays a key role in driving the success of Scotland's economic future, working with partners to:
- Support individuals to reach their potential
- Help make skills work for employers
- Improve the skills and learning system
SDS is preparing Scotland's workforce to maximise opportunities in today's dynamic world.
How we deliver our services
Together with partners SDS drives the Skills Planning Model, improving the skills and learning system to make sure that:
- It responds to the needs of industry
- People have the best possible chance of succeeding in the world of work.