Social Work Scotland
Social Work Scotland is a membership organisation which represents social workers and other professionals who lead and support social work across all sectors. Our vision is of a social work profession across Scotland which is led effectively and creatively; is responsive to the needs of the people we support and protect; is accessible and accountable; and promotes social justice.
Our values are based on professional leadership to achieve social justice and public protection. We value each person we support as an individual, without judgement; we celebrate and actively promote the unique contribution and role of professional social work; we embrace change and encourage collaborative and integrated arrangements to deliver better outcomes for people; and we support and create opportunities for those within and those supporting the profession of social work in order that we can develop effective and creative leaders for the future.
Our objectives are to:
- Influence and shape legislation and policy relating to social work and social care;
- Promote the unique role, value and contribution of social work and social care;
- Champion research and evidence informed approaches in our work;
- Provide professional leadership and increase leadership capacity across social work and social care;
- Support and encourage workforce development (with a focus on celebrating success, promoting standards, achieving practice improvement and demonstrating continuous learning)
- Recognise the value of continuous improvement through self-evaluation and performance improvement activities
Based in Edinburgh, Social Work Scotland has a small core staff team, seconding in expertise for specific projects. We currently have staff seconded to look at Self-directed Support and the re-design of community justice. For more information please visit www.socialworkscotland.org