Student Loans Company
SLC…making futures flourish!
Want to work in a vibrant organisation that can help make your future flourish, and in the process, facilitate the education process for millions of UK students?
On behalf of the UK government and devolved administrations, the Student Loans Company (SLC), plays a vital role in helping students to fund their studies. Each year we process two million applications for student finance and pay out over £18billion in loans and grants. We also manage a loan book in excess of £136bm on behalf of 8.6million customers.
These are big numbers and, in response, SLC is a complex, diversified organisation with many different areas for careers and career advancement.
We offer a broad range of roles and jobs; from Technology to Targeted Support, Policy to Project Management, Customer Services to Communications. Team SLC is made up of over 3,500 staff across our sites in Glasgow, Darlington and Llandudno Junction.
In addition to salary we offer a range of benefits from which you can choose to add to your total package.
Here are just some examples from a list of many;
- flexible working contracts
- performance related pay awards
- retail discounts
- buy and sell holidays
You’ll be joining a flexible and friendly working environment where you’ll have opportunity to develop your career and build both skills and relationships alongside a lively group of colleagues from multiple disciplines. Team SLC is looking for people who:
- are inquisitive, who will ask questions and are thirsty for knowledge
- are focused and engaged with what they do and with making this a great place to work
- can see the bigger picture – they will take ownership and deliver their very best
- value performance measurement and are open to giving and receiving meaningful feedback
- are keen to develop themselves and others.
SLC - the place where your future can flourish.
Find out more at www.gov.uk/slc