Voluntary Action Scotland
Voluntary Action Scotland is the network organisation for Scotland’s Third Sector Interfaces (TSIs). We advocate for, co-ordinate and support the work of Scotland’s local third sector support organisations. Our ambition is to see a Scotland in which voluntary and social enterprise action in all its forms flourishes and delivers strong resilient communities. We want Scotland’s local third sector infrastructure to plays its role in making that happen.
We work to ensure that TSIs can provide effective support to volunteers, voluntary organisations, charities, community groups and social enterprises and that the third sector plays its part in ensuring that local decision making meets the needs of local communities.
- We advocate for the TSIs by making the case for the important role they play in local communities and the third sector.
- We advocate their views on public policy and public service change in order to influence changes which help them deliver for their communities and the third sector.
- We support them through creating practice development opportunities which enhance their ability to deliver for communities and the third sector.
- We co-ordinate with them in order to ensure they can learn from each other and our close stakeholders in order to deliver a consistent impact across Scotland.
- We co-ordinate with them so that together we can be part of the changes that help deliver stronger and more resilient communities.
VAS is part of the network we support and our programme is mutual in character – it aims to make the most of the knowledge and experience in our network to support each other to deliver for the communities we have at heart across all 32 local authority areas in Scotland.