- The Action Group, Norton Park Centre, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
- Full time, Part time or casual work available
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Our support workers to provide individual support for people with learning disabilities and other support needs in various locations across Edinburgh. The Action Group is currently recruiting full-time and part-time support workers for our teams in the city.
Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of individual people in your community?
We need support workers to work full-time or part time in various services across Edinburgh, including Leith, Craigmillar, Seafield and Liberton. No experience is required as paid training is provided.
- We have full-time, part-time and casual vacancies available
- £21,352 – £22,165 per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week
- Casual hourly rate: £10.50 per hour
- Sleepover payment of £84. Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to The Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all. Many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care as they develop their professional skills.
Our support workers work with people who have learning disabilities, autism or other support needs, helping them people with a variety of tasks and activities including the following:
- Maintaining their tenancies
- Shopping and general household tasks
- Being part of a community
- Keeping track of money
- Managing medication
- Staying healthy
Shifts are varied and include day shifts, early mornings, evenings, weekend shifts and sleepovers, and may include work in various parts of Edinburgh, but we aim to have people work in their local communities where possible.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates
You can also download the application form in MS Word format if you prefer.
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 3 October 2022 at 09:00.