- 15A Land Street, Buckie , AB56 1QS
- £10.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Buckie Full & Part Time Support Workers
Earn up to £20,256.39
Buckie Relief Support Workers
£10.50 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark Buckie is a friendly place. As you come into the close you will usually see some of the residents out and having a chat. On a sunny day it’s a place lively place to be with everyone socialising and enjoying the day. The office is situated at the end of close which makes it easy for staff and supported people to access services. Inside the office you will find Carol, Rachel and Lana who are the Care and Support Managers. There are a total of 20 properties in the close, all of which belong to Ark but some are mainstream tenants.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
- Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- Total pension contribution of 8%. Ark contribute 4% and the employee contribute 4%
- Employee recognition schemes
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- We pay for you initial SSSC registration
- We pay for you to join the PVG scheme
- Discounts in a wide range of well known retailers and travel providers
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff
To apply, click the link below.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694
Job ID: BK01/SW/RSW