- 14b Haddington Road, Tranent, East Lothian, EH33 1HW
- £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
Midlothian Support Workers
Loanhead & Dalkeith
Earn up to £21,028.16
Full time & Part time Contracts available
Relief Support Workers
£10.90 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to around 400 people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Midlothian service operates in both Loanhead and Dalkeith.
In Loanhead we support 6 people in 5 flats within the same block. Our supported people have a wide range of support needs including Dysphasia.
There are good transport links to Loanhead including Lothian's bus numbers 37 & 47 and Borders bus X62. There is 1 sleepover shift per day and shifts are usually approximately 8 hours e.g. 8am - 4pm or 1pm - 9pm.
Dalkeith supports 5 people within the same complex all in their own flats. Shifts are approximately 8 or 9 hours (e.g. 9-5, 9-6 or 12-8).
There are good bus transport links from Edinburgh on Lothian bus numbers 3 & 33. East Coast Bus 140 also operates between Musselburgh and Dalkeith.
'We have a great group of supported people across Loanhead & Dalkeith. Loanhead has a great community feel, there is a courtyard area where they will sit out in the summer and have parties.' Chrissy, Care & support Manager - East & Mid Lothian
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then apply now to join our team!
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will demonstrate Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable people.
- Communicate and work well with our supported people to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
Join Ark and your working week could look like this:
Monday – Get the Supported person up and ready for the day. Get the bus to the bank to withdraw money, go shopping, put the shopping away and make dinner.
Tuesday – Go for a walk with the Supported Person to their aromatherapy session. Listen to music with the supported person while you prepare lunch.
Wednesday – Get the supported person up, showered, dressed and give them their medication. Take them out to lunch followed by dance class in the afternoon.
Thursday – Get the bus into town and go clothes shopping with the supported person. Make them dinner and give them their medication. Get the supported person ready for a family visit.
Friday – Get the supported person up, showered and make them breakfast. Talk to the supported person to find out what activity they would like to do that day.
Please note all Ark’s Support Worker roles will involve some personal care.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme
- Fully funded SVQ 2 Qualification in Health & Social Care completed with the support of our dedicated in house SVQ Team
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 4% Contributory pension scheme
- £84 Sleepover Allowance
- Opportunities for career progression with over 75% of all Manager roles within Care & Support being internal promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounts Portal with 1000s of discounts on your favourite brands including Supermarkets, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Fully funded PVG
- 1st year SSSC registration paid by Ark
Previous experience of the following is an advantage but not essential as Ark will provide full training: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case Worker, Care Assistant, Autism Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant , Social Care Worker.
Ark would love to hear from you whether you are an experienced Support Worker or new to Social Care.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694