Southhouse HMO Support Workers
- 18c Southhouse Broadway, Edinburgh , EH17 8HG
- £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Southhouse HMO Support Workers
Earn up to £21,028.16
2 x Full-time post
Relief Support Workers
£10.90 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Southhouse HMO is 2 small 4 bedded HMOs (House of multiple occupants)
There is a high level of personal support required.
There is support required with personal care, medication administration, financial support, support with health care appointments, shopping and food preparation.
Support is required for daily activities ensuring people have a variety of experiences.
Staff are also required to supporting people to maintain their homes.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
- Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- Total pension contribution of 8%. Ark contribute 4% and the employee contribute 4%
- Employee recognition schemes
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- We pay for you initial SSSC registration
- We pay for you to join the PVG scheme
- Discounts in a wide range of well known retailers and travel providers
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.
To apply, click the link below.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694