Avenue Care Services
Work in care with Avenue Care Services
If you have these key skills, then a job in home care could be perfect for you:
- I am a good listener
- I can talk to people and put them at ease
- I want to help others in my community
- I like to go the extra mile to help
- I want to support people to live better, more independent lives
- I enjoy being part of a team
- I work well under pressure and can think on my feet
With Avenue Care Services you will support lots of interesting people including older people and adults who have a disability. The job is all about providing essential personal and practical support so they can continue to live in their own homes, with dignity and control.
Your support will transform lives and in return you receive:
- rates of pay between £10 and £11 per hour
- work locally to where you live - so less travel and you can really see the benefits of what you do
- flexible shift patterns and hours to fit around your own commitments
- career progression and development
- monthly incentive scheme
- regular and ongoing training, including SVQ.
Avenue Care Services works in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council to provide home care in communities across Edinburgh including South Queensferry, Ratho, Currie and Balerno.
You don’t need a formal qualification in care to apply as we provide the training. You do need a PVG certificate and to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). Find out how to apply to join the PVG scheme and how to register with SSSC.
If you’re interested, we have jobs available now.