- Craighall Business Park, 7 Eagle Street, G4 9XA
- £40,694 - £44,449 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
NEW Procurement Manager, Glasgow
At Bield our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are a non-profit organisation with charitable status committed to providing a wide range of housing, care and support services to enable older people in Scotland.
This is an exciting and challenging time to join Bield and the role of Procurement Manager offers a unique opportunity to shape and implement our future procurement strategy, ensuring that we meet our legal and regulatory requirements in procurement of contracts for services, supplies and works and also ensuring that we strive to meet our customer requirements and deliver value for money.
A trusted procurement specialist you will,
- Provide best practice advice and guidance to colleagues across the business about procurement activities and support the effective implementation of our policies and procedures
- Lead the strategic development of procurement activity, including review of Corporate Procurement Strategy and associated suite of policies and procedures
- Develop a programme of prioritised procurement initiatives, taking account of areas of spending priority and budget pressure and to focus on the development and promotion of procurement frameworks to deliver increased efficiency in purchasing activity
Hours of work are 35 per week, Monday to Friday (9 am to 5 pm).
The position may be based in either our Glasgow and Edinburgh Office, and we are happy to consider remote and/or flexible working arrangements during the recruitment process. There may be occasional travel to Bield locations across Scotland in line with business requirements.
- You will have the ability to prioritise, work effectively under pressure and provide clear and consistent advice across a range of procurement activities
- Confident, resilient with strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders across the business at all level
- You will bring demonstrable experience of the tendering process and have a successful track record in leading the implementation of procurement initiatives in an organisation of similar size and complexity to Bield
- To be considered for this position, you will need to have a working knowledge of UK and Scottish procurement legislation and practical experience of providing advice about the interpretation and application of procurement activities
- It is preferable that you already be a member of the CIPS or are currently working towards achieving a relevant qualification and membership
- Exposure to not for profit, care and/or housing services is highly desirable
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- On the job and work related training
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Long Service Awards
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please select the attachment for the full job description and person specification.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us using the details above. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Bield Housing & Care Scottish Charity SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146