- Gilmerton, EH17
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
About The Role:
As a Support Worker with Community Integrated Care, you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of the people we support.
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers in the Gilmerton area for 3 different services, each supporting adults with learning disabilities and Autism to live as independently as possible.
This role involves supporting people with personal care to varying degrees and you'll support each person using a care plan that is specific to them. From playing football, to swimming, to walking, to playing instruments, to volunteering; you’ll do it all and more! .
A driving license is not essential but applicants should have confidence navigating public transport.
These are 24-hour services and the shift pattern is designed around the people we support and their schedules. Shift patterns can include early, late, long day and sleepover shifts. Waking night shifts may be required on occasion, though these are usually worked by a dedicated night shift team.
About The Candidate:
Previous experience is not essential as we provide a comprehensive induction and training programme.
Our ideal Support Worker will be:
- Self-motivated with energy and drive
- Reliable, friendly and caring to support the people we support to achieve their everyday goals (including personal care)
- Able to support in house activities and hobbies
- Confident and inspire the person we support to achieve more
- Able to help manage some behaviours that may challenge the norm – we provide training and guidance to enable you to do this
- Comfortable using basic IT systems that are required within the role - training can be offered to support this area
You will also have an appropriate Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) required qualification, as determined by your SSSC registration, or a willingness to work towards this.
It is also important that you share our company values which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.
Working For Us:
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment.
We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on going learning and development
- Contributory pension scheme
- Retail discounts
- Leisure savings
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month and other recognition schemes
- We will also pay for your PVG
Community Integrated Care is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.