Support Worker - Crail & Wilson Small Group Living Service (Residential)
- Crail & Wilson Small Group Living Service (Residential), Symington, KA1 5PU
- £10.80 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Salary: £10.80 per hour
Service: Crail & Wilson Small Group Living Service (Residential)
Hours: Various hours available (*Female Only)
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
We are looking for caring individuals to work within a residential care and small group living setting. Our team provide flexible cover to support people in their own lives, working with our residents who may have a variety of support needs such as learning difficulties, complex physical disabilities, behavioural needs and autism.
The successful applicant will join our dedicated and friendly staff team who support the health care needs of our residents as well as assisting them to live their lives in a way which reflects their individual choices, interests, wishes and aspirations. We ensure our residents are given an opportunity to achieve all they can and make full use of resources within the local community.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity and values in line with Hansel
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with people with additional needs
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
- 32 Days Annual Leave
- Ability to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Sleepover Allowance (currently the equivalent of £10.02 per hour)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance program including counselling, GP advice, virtual doctor and legal advice
- Induction training, comprehensive ongoing training and personal development opportunities
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme
- Access to a Credit Union
- Access to shopping discounts
If you feel you have the passion, skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply now!
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
*Qualifies under the Equality Act 2010