- 2 North Grimsby, DD11 1NU
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
This position has expired.
North Grimsby which is located in Arbroath, provides supported accommodation to individuals who are homeless, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. We support sixteen homeless individuals, both male and female, with a variety of support needs including substance misuse and mental health issues.
The aim of the service is to provide stability to individuals and support them to maintain their tenancy, and progress into permanent housing options suited to their needs.
We also provide an enhanced housing management service to six flats situated close to the service, which provides temporary accommodation to homeless individuals with minimum support needs.
As a Relief Support Worker, you will:
- Build positive and supportive relationships with individuals;
- Support and assist individuals in tackling the issues that led to their homelessness;
- Work to a rota that involves late shifts, sleepovers, waking nights and weekend working.
- Have a positive flexible attitude;
- Be a good communicator, both verbal and written;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have ability and willingness to undertake study to achieve this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Holiday Allowance
- Free core training provided
- Death in Service Benefit
- PVG Costs Paid