Sessional Mentor - Prevention and Early Intervention
- Academy Office Park, Unit 6000, Gower Street, Glasgow, G51 1PR
- £10 per month
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Contractual Minimum of 5 hours per week, availability for more if wanted (please specify in application)
Availability to work evenings & weekends essential
Hourly rate: £10.15 per hour
Due to recent funding and growth in the Glasgow area, we now have a fantastic opportunity for motivated, positive, resilient individuals who really believe in young people and are flexible regarding hours of work and can help us to deliver includem’s innovative approach. You will have the fantastic opportunity to work across our various services in the area, facilitating vital support to those who require it most.
Includem are committed to developing employees and will help you to achieve the relevant qualifications required to carry out the role. These qualifications will be fully funded by includem. The successful candidate should have a full driver’s license and access to a car.
What does the role involve?
You will deliver groupwork and bespoke support to young people and their families in their own homes and communities. You will assist in case management, including contributing to assessment and support planning and work with other professionals in the young person’s life to deliver positive, sustainable change.
You will work alongside families in a flexible way using strengths based approaches to co-produce plans with families to enable them to remain together within their own communities. Whole family support is offered with referrals being made initially for children aged 0-12 but with support available to all those within the family including parents and carers. Workers will offer one to one support within the communities the families live in, these are broken into 3 distinct localities dependent on the referring social work team – North West, North East and South Glasgow. Workers will be aligned to work within a locality area, using their knowledge of this area to support families to access community resources to build upon their strengths and assets
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the young people and families
- Develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
- Use their communication skills effectively to influence, record and evidence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support
- Be able to drive and have access to a car for work purposes
- Become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme (paid for by includem)
- To be registered or become registered with the Scottish Social Services Council and hold or be willing to work toward HNC Social Care and SVQ 3 in Social Care or equivalent (qualifications are fully funded by includem)
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
- A full and robust training and induction programme
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days pro rota
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
- Free Vehicle Breakdown Cover
- Company Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Flexible and agile working
- Family friendly policies
Includem are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you would like more information regarding this role, please call 0141 427 0523 and ask to be forwarded onto the HR team. To apply please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for us to fully consider you for the role.
This role will require you to drive, with access to your own car for work purposes. There may be an additional requirement for some travel between includem offices.
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL A COPY OF YOUR CV AND A COVER LETTER TO HRassist@includem.co.uk before the deadline date given below.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19th February 2023 at midnight.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted a group selection event will take place shortly after (est. 1st March 2023). If you are successful following the group selection event, individual interviews will then take place (est. date 10th March 2023) before the successful candidate is chosen.