Support Practitioner - Female Only
- Strathaven & Stonehouse, ML10 6AJ
- £22,917 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
Make a positive difference in someone’s life by becoming a Support Practitioner with The Richmond Fellowship Scotland in our Strathaven, Larkhall and Stonehouse services and helping support the people who need it most in our communities!
We are currently able to offer full time, part time and bank Support Practitioner contracts within the team.
You do not need to have worked in care to apply as we will invest in your qualifications and provide full training through our award-winning learning & development team prior to starting.
Due to the nature of the service we can only accept applications from female only candidates who have a valid UK driving license and access to their own vehicles. You will be paid for your travel during your shift and there is a fuel allowance of 45p per mile.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities as a Support Practitioner could include:
· Social Support- Assisting individuals to engage with their communities by planning and attending outings to various leisure activities such as day centers, cinema, swimming etc.
· Medical Support- Administering and monitoring medication.
· Personal Care- Assisting people to maintain their wellbeing by promoting their personal care which would include assistance with bathing, dressing, arranging visits with the dentist/doctor, incontinence care.
· Practical Support- Helping people to maintain their tenancy by encouraging daily household tasks such as general housework, laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping.
-TRFS rewards scheme (cash-back and discounts at various retailers)
-Refer a Friend scheme- £150 bonus!
Closing Date: 24th April 2023 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
Schedule 9 Part 1 (1)(1)(a) of the Equality Act 2010 applies to this post.
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
As part of our compliance checks, all candidates will be asked, if successful, to undergo a risk assessment based on underlying conditions due to Covid-19.
All new staff members will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of their start date.