- Alloa, FK10 3SA
- £10.90 - £11.65 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
Central Area Services
Full Time & Part Time Positions available
£10.90 per hour on appointment; £11.09 on confirmation; £11.65 advanced development rate
£20,972 - £22,410
Sleepover rate £87
Scottish Autism cover all the costs of SSSC Registration and PVG membership for employees
At Scottish Autism we acknowledge the specialist support our staff provide to autistic individuals, therefore those doing support work are known as Autism Practitioners. We provide outstanding training and are continuously improving to ensure all our Autism Practitioners are supported and have the skills to deliver a quality service. This post is a good opportunity for those with a generic support worker experience to specialise.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and committed Autism Practitioners to be part of the team within Central Area services in Alloa.
“I feel supported by my line manager in my role” Autism Practitioner.
As an Autism Practitioner, experience of working within social care is desirable but not essential as we are seeking to appoint people who share our values and are willing to learn and develop into the role. We will support you to do this by offering an extensive autism specific training programme.
Autism Practitioners will work alongside the Senior Autism Practitioner and other team members to;
- Develop personalised support plans for the supported individual.
- Building positive relationships with the supported individual.
- Work in partnership with the supported individual, their family, health professionals.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the supported individual’s life goals and aspirations are at the centre of their support.
On a day-to-day basis, Autism Practitioners enable supported individuals.
- To take part in their chosen activities,
- To help maintain their tenancies and support them to make the decisions that matter to them.
- Required support will include personal care, promoting independence and active citizenship, community inclusion, support with household chores etc.
- You can also expect to be out and about supporting the individual to access and engage in their local community and to take part in activities of their choice, which is great fun for all.
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake shift work, including weekends, evenings and required for on-call, so flexibility towards working hours is key.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.
Scottish Autism has undergone digital transformation which is making our way of working smarter and allowing more time to be focussed on supporting individuals. Our training is second to none and as the Organisation plans to move to a new way of working which focusses on enabling and empowering practitioners to have more autonomy of their day support role, making teams more autonomous while continuing to work in partnership with supported people and families. It is an exciting time to join Scottish Autism as we adopt the coaching and mentoring model of support with supported people at the centre of everything we do.
We need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism.
Collaboration – We work with others and value their opinions.
Compassion – We work with each other and our service users with care and Kindness.
Change Makers – We never stand still, we move positively forward always focussed on quality and being the best
Contribution – We love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society.
“I love my workplace; the organisation values are displayed on the walls which promotes a positive working environment.” Staff member.
Scottish Autism offers you:
Staff wellbeing is priority, and we strive to ensure all colleagues feel valued and supported at work.
We provide an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive salary and a personalised learning pathway for all.
We keep it simple with 3 pay points. You progress at your pace as you develop. We benchmark regularly to ensure the rates are competitive.
- 32 days holiday pro rata (which increases with your length of service)
- Sector leading training from day one, including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace Pension (Employer matched up to 9%)
- Discount platform
- Employee Assistance Programme.
These posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check. Scottish Autism cover all the costs of SSSC Registration and PVG membership for employees.
Please note all new employees must register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of starting in post to achieve registration.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation. Our aim is to protect the Health and Wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
Closing Date: Friday 6th October 2023
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
Registered charity number is SC009068