Autism Practitioners, New Struan, Alloa
- Alloa, FK10 2DF
- £20,972 - £22,410 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
New Struan Residence, Alloa
£10.90 per hour - engagement period; £11.09 per hour when confirmed in post; £11.65 advance development rate
£20,972 - £22,410 per annum
Full Time &Part Time Positions Available
At Scottish Autism we acknowledge the specialist support our staff provide to autistic individuals, therefore those doing support work are known as Autism Practitioners. We provide outstanding training and are continuously improving to ensure all our Autism Practitioners are supported and have the skills to deliver a quality service. This post is a good opportunity for those with a generic support worker experience to specialise.
“Scottish Autism are good employers. We really focus on individualised support plans that have the individual’s best interests at heart” staff member, New Struan
New Struan Residences – A residential school placement (52 weeks) for children and young people with autism.
Scottish Autism’s Values are:
· Collaboration – we work with others and value their opinions
· Compassion – we work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
· Change Makers – we never stand still, we move positively forward always focussed on quality and being the best
· Contribution – we love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society
It is not necessary to have experience of working within social care as we are seeking to appoint Autism Practitioners who share our values and are willing to learn and develop into the role. We will support you to do this by offering an extensive autism specific training programme.
“Scottish Autism is an excellent company to work for” staff member, New Struan
On a day to day basis, Autism Practitioners enable autistic people to complete all activities of daily living, which includes personal care and household chores. You can also expect to be out and about supporting autistic people to access their communities and to take part in activities of their choosing.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.
What we offer you:
· Staff wellbeing is priority and we strive to ensure all colleagues feel valued and supported at work.
· We provide an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive salary, personalised learning pathway for all, pension scheme, discount platform and our fantastic Employee Assistance Programme.
· Scottish Autism cover all the costs of SSSC Registration and PVG membership for employees.
These posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Please note all new employees must register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of starting in post.
Scottish Autism aims to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
Closing Date: Friday 14th April 2023
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
Registered charity number is SC009068