- Social Care Alba 26 George Square, EH8 9LD
- £24,000 - £27,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
About Social Care Alba
Social Care Alba is a leading care at home provider in Edinburgh. An independently awarded top marks in all categories by the Care Inspectorate – we’re aware of how having the right support can transform peoples’ lives.
Our own energetic and passionate team includes personal assistants, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers and occupational therapists. Through recommendations, our list of clients is growing and we are looking for caring and reliable individuals to join our team.
What we offer
People are at the heart of everything we do, so we continue to invest in our staff to ensure they are happy, motivated, well-trained and supported.
£27,000.00 per year
- £500 Welcome Bonus
- £300 refer a friend bonus
- Enhanced overtime of 20%
- Travel expenses
- Guaranteed hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days paid holidays
- Great employee benefits
- Your own Buddy to support you
- Access to our mentorship program
- Opportunities for career development
- Employers contribution into your pension
- Participation to social occasions and events
- Access to education and learning resources
- On-going support with paid specialist training
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
About the job
To provide emotional and physical support to individuals and their families. To facilitate independence by working in a dignified and respectful way.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
• 2 years or more experience in a similar role
• SVQ 4 or equivalent in Health or Social Care
- Good - I.T. skills and knowledge
- Good - People management and leadership
- Good - Risk management & health and Safety
- Good - Communication across different audiences
- Good - Ability to work independently with initiative
- Good — Time management, planning, and organising
- Good - Understanding of all legislation related to the role
- Good — Understanding of best practise within health & social care
Supporting new team members, including assisting with their:
- Learning & Development
- Induction and being a Buddy
- Mentorship & Sharing of skills and knowledge
Supporting service users, including assisting with:
- Advocacy and being a Key Worker.
- Catheter care, moving and assisting.
- Promotion of equality and people’s rights.
- Social visits, meal preparation and shopping.
- Reporting incidents, accidents, or complaints.
- Medication, washing dressing, continence promotion.
Managing personal workload, including:
- Logging into and out of every visit.
- Attending and contributing to meetings.
- Updating electronic records such as daily notes.
- Keeping updated with care legislation and SCA policies.
- Attending all relevant training and development programs