- Knowesouth Care Centre, Knowesouth, Nr Jedburgh. Roxburghshire., TD8 6ST
- £16.60 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 44 week per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Nurse RGN or RMN Required, Jedburgh - Full Time, Permanent - Nights
Knowesouth Care Centre - St Philips Care,
Knowesouth, Nr Jedburgh. Roxburghshire - TD8 6ST
Optional Or One day shift plus. Option to cover bank shifts
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we have been named the most outstanding care group in the UK and ‘The most improved Dementia Care Group in the UK and The most outstanding Residential Care Management Team in the UK
We are looking for an experienced Nurse for an Elderly Nursing Home in the Scottish Borders, preferably for night shifts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Nurse to join a dedicated team of nurses and carers who are passionate about caring and believe in delivering person centred care.
You will be joining a progressive care provider with a supportive approach to staff development and training. We strongly believe that we can assist in career development and offer opportunity to progress within the company.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service with a proactive approach to development and maintenance of working procedure.
As Nurse you will be responsible for:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating care plans in collaboration with patients and other members of the care team
- Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation of Staff Nurse actions and interventions. To provide a high standard of nursing care based on assessment of patients’ care
- Be responsible for the well-being (physical, emotional and social needs) of the patients/residents and service users
- Delegation and supervision of duties to care staff
- Storage and administration of medications, including controlled drugs
- Communication with outside agencies and medical practitioners
- Routine observations and record keeping
- To ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home/unit in accordance with policies
- Wound care/Stoma Care/PEG feed care where appropriate
As Nurse you must have:
- An active UK NMC Pin Number
- Previous experience in a Hospital or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly
If you would like further information about the role or to have an informal chat about the role please call the home manager - Robin on