- Cloverfield Cl, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, AB21 9PU
- £10.02 - £10.21 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 28 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
VSA is a well-respected local social care charity, helping support the people of Aberdeen for over 150 years.
Our mission is to provide the best of care to enable the best of lives; supporting individuals and communities to fulfil their potential.
VSA provides vital support and services to people of all ages. At VSA we support a person’s physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing through a range of residential and outreach support Services.
Working in social care is a hugely rewarding career, and you can help change the lives of vulnerable children and adults. At VSA, we are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team.
VSA have an exciting opportunity available to join our Cloverfield Grove as a Support/Care Worker based in Aberdeen. This will be a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
Hours: 28 hours per week (Nightshift) 10hrs night shift, 4 shifts one week and 5 shifts next week.
Salary: £10.02 ph (unqualified) or £10.21 ph (qualified)
We offer our Support/Care Worker fantastic benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
-Sign on Bonus: £500 subject to T&C's
- Generous Holidays
- Sick Pay Scheme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Ongoing professional development
In this rewarding role, you will provide a professional, caring and effective service to our service users. Any prior experience would be welcome but is not essential as full on the job training will be provided, however you must be willing to undertake an SCQF Level 6 in Social Services and Healthcare if you do not already hold one.
We welcome applications from those who would like the opportunity to work within social care or those simply seeking a change of direction. I t is a prerequisitive for employees to attend three full day First Aid Training for this role. Training is conducted during the working day.
Purpose of Job:
To contribute to the provision of quality services to meet the needs of service users during the night and early morning, according to agreed VSA standards, policies and regulatory requirements.
1. Communicating effectively with individuals according to agreed standards and procedures, accessing and updating records in keeping with guidelines.
2. Helping to provide a safe and protective environment at night by complying with health, safety, and security procedures, including medication, and reporting accidents/incidents when appropriate.
3. Supporting service users according to their recognised and agreed needs, providing personal care where necessary, adhering to practices which promote well-being, choice, and treating people with dignity and respect.
4. Assisting service users in developing and maintaining social networks and relationships.
5. Assisting and encouraging service users to develop skills and knowledge to live as independently as possible, if appropriate, with reference to the risk assessment process.
6. Participating in the development, implementation and review of personal plans with service users.
7. Supporting service users appropriately when they experience a significant life change or loss.
8. Developing one’s knowledge and practice continuously through participation in training and development activities.
9. Carrying out any other tasks from time to time, provided they are reasonable and within the postholder’s capabilities.
10. Have awareness of and work within internal control systems in your area to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided.
Ability to communicate well verbally with individuals.
Ability to write short reports
Ability maintain accurate records
Basic I.T. skills (e.g.-mails)
Good interpersonal skills
Willingness and ability to achieve SCQF Level 6 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent) within 3 years of appointment or as determined by VSA.