- Care Visions, DG2
- £27,304 - £30,432 per year includes sleepover payments and based on 40 hr week. please note that sleepover payments could vary depending on rota
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
Residential Childcare Worker
Dumfries & Galloway
Salary: £27,304 - £30,432 p/a (inc. sleepover payments and based on 40 hr week. Please note that sleepover payments could vary depending on rota)
Job Type: Permanent
RESPECT, COMPASSION, SAFETY, INTEGRITY
These are our values. They form the basis of everything that we do.
Care Visions is Scotland’s largest independent provider of residential care for children and young people. We deliver high quality, needs-led care using an innovative, trauma informed and nurturing approach.
The main function of this role is to take on the responsibility for providing individualised care to young people, through the development of professional and trusting relationships.
You will also have regular interaction with supportive managers and individuals in the business that are well known and respected in the Social Care sector for their wealth of knowledge and experience, which they will be happy to share with you.
What do we need from you?
- Ability to work in a positive, respectful and empowering way with all young people in order to promote good relationships and encourage achievement, while being a positive role model.
- An understanding of the principles of safeguarding and Child Protection legislation
- A good understanding of the Residential Childcare Worker role and knowledge of the basic needs of children and young people
- Commitment to the principle of continuing professional development/achievement of necessary qualifications
- Experience of working with young people in either a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Good physical health and a high level of emotional resilience (from time to time, there may be a requirement for physical interventions)
- A valid manual driving licence (essential)
- PVG check (company funded).
So, what can you expect from working as a Residential Childcare Worker with Care Visions?
- An amazing team environment. As an organisation we welcome open communication, hard work and tenacity
- Good work life balance – our shift and sleepover pattern give you great flexibility and promotes consistency for young people
- A positive and challenging working culture that inspires dedication, creativity and personal/professional development
- Comprehensive training, including a full funded professional and industry recognised qualification (for those not already qualified)
- Employee benefits including: competitive salaries, generous annual leave, Care Visions Lifestyle Platform, Sick Pay Benefit Scheme, Credit Union and employee assistance programme.
Interested? Please click apply and we will get back to you with a full job description, as well as next steps in the application process.
Want to know what our staff think about working for Care Visions? Have a look at the blog section on our website at carevisionsresidential.co.uk/our-blog
Or visit carevisionsresidential.co.uk for general information on our core values as an organisation.