- Charleston Village Hall, Charleston, by Glamis, DD8 1UF
- £14 - £16 per hour (39 weeks term time)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Charleston Pre School Playgroup, By Forfar, Charity No SCO 10427
We have a vacancy for an Early Years Manager
Mon-Fri, 35hrs- Term time (39 weeks)
Wages dependant on qualification and experience
(Membership of a workplace pension scheme will be offered)
Charleston Pre-School Playgroup (near Glamis, Angus) is looking for an Early Years Manager from January 2023.
We are a registered charity providing a wide range of learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment for children aged 2.5 - 5 years. The group is led a by a parent committee and operates from a village hall in a rural setting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and efficient person to lead the provision of Early Learning and Childcare in our setting. The Playgroup is a provider of funded ELC with Angus Council and provides privately funded places for 2.5 year olds.
Some of your duties will include:
- Creating and overseeing a safe stimulating learning environment for all children
- Monitor learning and development of children and establish positive relationships with parents, sharing the progress of their children
- Keep up to date with local and national guidelines, policies and procedures
- Inspire and lead staff in a supportive, reflective and nurturing way to create a high-quality early years education
The ideal candidate will:
- Currently hold relevant qualification or be willing to work towards BA in Childhood Practice
- Have a sound knowledge of Curriculum for Excellence, GIRFEC, How Good is Our Early Learning, and strive to continually build on their own professional development and ensure best practice
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, committee members and parents
- Be forward thinking, organised and accountable for daily/weekly procedures
As this post is regulated work with children and subject to the provision of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, successful applicants must be or agree to become members of the PVG Scheme with Disclosure Scotland. All applicants must be registered with SSSC or be registered within 6 months of taking up this post.
Charleston Pre-School Playgroup is registered with the Care Inspectorate, is a member of Early Years Scotland and strives to be an equal opportunities employer
To apply please send a CV and completed application form (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org