Wild Sparks Outdoor Play are seeking a nursery manager to lead our fantastic outdoor nursery through a phase of expansion and development.
We are looking for an inspirational manager with the ability to lead a small team of dedicated staff and role model exemplary child-led, outdoor, early years practice. This post will involve an equal split of contact and non-contact time, working two days during term time in the woods, and the remaining time in the office.
We will offer you:
- A passionate committed team and positive working environment
- Regular access to nature and associated health benefits
- CLPL and mentoring to develop your career
- Flexible working hours (outside core hours)
- The chance to grow with our evolving organisation
Key duties will involve:
- Delivering exemplary childcare and learning opportunities in line with Curriculum for Excellence
- Leading a small team, delivering peer reviews and setting appropriate training and professional development targets
- Engaging families in nursery life and supporting families through transitions and challenges
- Overseeing our woodland site, engaging contractors as required and providing resources to meet learners needs
- Working in partnership with Perth and Kinross Council
- Facilitating inspections to a high standard and working with Care Inspectorate
- Writing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures
- Implementing an annual nursery improvement plan
- Managing a budget and supporting directors to set appropriate financial targets for the service
Suitable applicants will be:
- Passionate about early years and child development
- Committed to outdoor learning with an understanding of nature pedagogy
- Flexible, adaptable and creative. Professional and reliable.
- Able to remain calm and confident in a range of challenging or emergency situations.
- Able to work on own initiative, with excellent organisational, time management and IT skills.
- A good listener that actively seeks and considers the views of others (children, parents and colleagues) and can collaborate effectively.
- Physically fit and mobile; able to traverse our woodland site and carry a heavy rucksack
- Inspired by and connected to nature with a demonstrable love of the outdoors
Your Qualifications and experience must include:
- 5 years (preferred) or 2 years (essential) experience in a relevant childcare or education role
- A BA childhood practice, or equivalent, or willingness to work towards this
- Level 3 SVQ in a relevant subject, or equivalent
- A sounds knowledge of Child protection
A full application pack will be provided, apply here to receive this.
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 12 September 2019
Wild Sparks is committed to Equality of Opportunity
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Childcare: 5 years (Preferred)