- Marischal College Broad Street Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £36,864 - £41,847 per year dependent on experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
About the role:
To contribute to the provision of a civil engineering service. To undertake feasibility studies, design, contract preparation, contract supervision and project management
of civil engineering projects up to £1m in size.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Membership of a relevant institution actively pursuing Chartered or Incorporated
Educated to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
Substantial relevant civil engineering experience.
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Project management including design, contractual and financial control.
- Ability to select techniques, procedures and methods to undertake engineering tasks.
- Ability to contribute to the design and development of engineering solutions.
- Ability to deliver projects and evaluate design solutions.
- Ability to use oral and written methods effectively for the communication of technical and other information to professionals, elected members and the public.
- Ability to identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks;
- Ability to think independently and use innovation to solve problems;
- Assist in developing project programmes and effectively manage tasks & resources to deliver outcomes on time.
- Ability to manage and apply safe systems of work.
- Management of quality processes.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- ICT literacy.
Please see Job Profile, additional information and contact details for enquiries attached.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs