- Shellach View Soroba Road Oban Argyll, PA34 4SB
- £25,184 - £26,206 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
Service: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Thursday 5th October 2023
This post is for a Social Care Worker to work a permanent part time (17.5 hours) night shift rota pattern within Shellach View Children’s House. A planned day shift rota system is in place which involves weekend work.
At Shellach View we provide a warm and nurturing home for up to 6 children, teenagers and young adults.
We are seeking a person with good childcare experience preferably in a residential setting with the capability of centring on listening to children and young people and promoting their ability to flourish and thrive. You will be supported to connect and build unique relationships with children and young people in our care according to the needs of each child.
This post also requires you to promote the rights of the young people with the support of the wider team and other professionals, whilst taking into account their individual needs.
You must be willing to undertake a range of training to enhance your skills in the post including Child Protection, SVQ3 in Social Care, HNC in Social Care and Crisis Prevention Training. You will also be required to register with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and have knowledge on the framework they use to meet the needs of the children and young people.
Applicants should note that:-
- Happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for the hours worked.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with both children and adults.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is:
- Fiona Lowrey, Unit Manager
- Contact Telephone Number: 01631 567864
- Email: Fiona.Lowrey@argyll-bute.gov.uk
- Reference: ARB12975/HCF31173
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy