- Helensburgh Lomond Civic Centre 38 East Clyde Street Helensburgh, G84 7PG
- £38,578 - £41,754 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Service: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th October 2023
Argyll and Bute are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic social worker to join Justice SW Services. You should have the personal qualities, professional knowledge and skills which will enable you to deliver high quality and effective Justice services in Helensburgh & Lomond. You will deliver the full range of statutory service including Court reports, community sentences and throughcare statutory responsibilities, including the management of MAPPA cases.
It is essential that you have a BA (Hons) in Social Work or equivalent, be registered with SSSC and are committed to social work values. As this post will require access to Visor, you will be required to undergo NPPV at level 2.
Applicants should note that:-
- Happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
- This post is suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with both children and adults.
- You will be required to participate in standby or other out of hour's service arrangements, as appropriate.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- Successful candidates will have to apply for Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) at Level 1, 2 or 3 (dependent on post) in order to access Police databases as an essential requirement of the post.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is:
- Erica Cromar, Social Work Team Manager
- Contact Telephone Number: 01369 708564
- Email: Erica.Cromar@argyll-bute.gov.uk
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy