- Lochside MacEwan Road Lochgilphead, PA31 8SZ
- £23,286 - £24,545 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 0 hours per week
Service: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th October 2023
Our Learning Disability Support Services provide essential person centred support for individuals by helping people with learning disabilities/physical disabilities and complex conditions to access to and continue education and development, live in their own tenancies, paid employment opportunities, life skills development and meaningful activities, achieve their desired outcomes and become more involved in their communities. In the last few years we have also seen younger adults with autism (ASD) and behavioural supports (ADHD) transitioning from school. Autism is not a learning disability but in our rural areas there are few supports that adults can be signposted to. A lot of the people we support also have autism so many individuals are now supported by in-house registered location teams.
Our HSCP in house registered support services are SCSWIS (Care Inspectorate) registered providers in their own right.
Internal locations have multi-trained teams who often support individuals who are unable to be supported by anyone else due to complex issues. However we often identify people, who may be able to be signposted to our other community support networks or alternatives. We currently require bank/casual Support Workers for LOCHSIDE, Lochgilphead
You should be a team player, empathetic, passionate about support and have transferrable skills. Experience would be great, but a firm value base to support our people to reach their potential is more important.
For more information please see:
Applicants should note that:-
- Happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
- These posts are not suitable for job share.
- The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for the hours worked.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- These posts require Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with both children and adults.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is:
- Heather Gillies, Depute LD Resources Manager
- Contact Telephone Number: 01369 707340
- Email: Heather.email@example.com
- Reference: ARB12961/HAA00184
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy