- Negotiable in Argyll and Bute, PA31 8RT
- £47,505 - £60,423 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 31.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Closing Date : Friday 10th February 2023Educational Psychologist, Argyll and Bute Council.
We are advertising the opportunity to join the Educational Psychology Team in Argyll and Bute with vacancies for a permanent 0.9fte educational psychologist as well as a 0.8fte temporary position, the latter running until 31 March 2024 in the first instance. Applications are welcomed from qualified Educational Psychologists who are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and trainee educational psychologists in their third year.
We are looking for skilled and motivated educational psychologists who are passionate about working collaboratively with others to improve the life chances for all, with a particular focus on those children and young people who are most vulnerable. As an Educational Psychologist in Argyll and Bute you will join a highly creative and skilled Educational Psychology Service. There is a strong commitment to collaborative working across the team with regular opportunities for peer support. There is a focus on supporting Professional Development for all staff in line with service and authority priorities.
The service is currently involved in a range of key strategic developments within the Education Service and in collaboration with colleagues across the Health and Social Care Partnership.
• Leading a systematic approach to embed effective nurturing approaches within educational establishments
• Leading on the mental health strand of the multiagency Children and Young People’s Service Plan
• Considering service delivery to vulnerable groups including those that are care experienced or identify as LGBTQ+
• Expanding the training and support for companions for Season’s for Growth
• Leading developments to implement a robust strategy to analyse data and deliver interventions around school non-attendance
• Supporting the delivering and evaluation of counselling in schools
Applicants should note that:-
• This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children.
• This post is suitable for job share.To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is
Name:Sabrina Collins, Depute Principal Educational Psychologist
Telephone: 01369 707143
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy