Practice Lead, Children and Families
- Helensburgh & Lomond Civic Centre, 38 East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, G84 7PG
- £42,958 - £47,028 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Monday 17 April 2023
Argyll and Bute Council, as a partner within Argyll and Bute Health and Social Care Partnership, is recruiting a Social Work Practice Lead to lead and manage a team of social workers and social care practitioners providing Children and Families social work services, to the communities in Helensburgh and across Lomond. The successful candidate will have the vision, experience, knowledge and skills to lead local statutory supports and interventions including to care experienced children and young people, and those children and young people in need or at risk, and their families. The post holder will support the Area Manager working with partner agencies meeting the council’s commitment to Keeping the Promise underpinned by the GIRFEC practice framework.
Applicants Should Note That:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with both children and adults.
- You will be required to participate in standby or other out of hour's service arrangements, as appropriate.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting managers, who are :-
Fay Woolnough, Practice Lead, Children, Families & Justice
Contact Telephone Number: 01700 501370
Lauren Watson-Kidder, Area Admin Officer, Children, Families & Justice
Contact Telephone Number: 01436 657636
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that representsthe wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy