- Moat Community Education Centre Stuart Street Rothesay Isle of Bute, PA20 0BX
- £26,972 - £29,235 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 14 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 17th October 2023
In order to deliver this exciting Literacy and Numeracy partnership project across Argyll and Bute, LiveArgyll wish to appoint to the above post.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join to the Community Learning team to deliver a cohesive, purposeful, integrated, responsive and effectively targeted programme of literacy and numeracy learning, by planning, developing, promoting and delivering a wide range of high quality, community-based, literacy and numeracy learning opportunities.
- Planning, developing, promoting and delivering locally a range of high quality, community-based literacy and numeracy learning opportunities. These will address issues of exclusion, inequality and disadvantage by increasing participants’ skills and capacity to contribute to their family and community lives; access training and employment; and realise their individual social and economic potential.
- Taking a lead role in local literacy and numeracy learning needs assessments, project planning, recording, monitoring and evaluation as appropriate.
- Participating as a member of an integrated team, working towards an agreed common set of objectives.
We’re looking for candidates to possess the following:
Minimum 2 Highers or equivalent, one of which must be Mathematics, relevant CLD or related qualification and ideally have a SQA Assessors qualification or equivalent, PDA ITALL or equivalent or TQAL or equivalent.
Clear evidence of experience of assessing needs and developing objectives and plans for informal or community-based learning, or in a related field.
Experience of working in a community setting and delivery of learning opportunities in collaboration with partners and delivery of literacy and numeracy learning opportunities is essential.
The project is funded through the UK Government Shared Prosperity and Multiply Fund.
This is a Temporary Position working 14hrs per week Monday & Tuesday 9.00am-5.00pm with a 1hr unpaid lunchbreak.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for hours worked.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with - Adults.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Rhona Grant, Team Leader, Community Learning Services, 01369 707164, email@example.com
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV's, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
BTinternet.com email accounts
Please Note: If you are using a BTinternet.com email address to apply for a vacancy, please add the following email addresses to your safe sender list as this will ensure you receive all relevant email communication throughout the recruitment process: