- Oaklands Special School 750 Ferry Road Edinburgh, EH4 4PQ
- £21,133 - £21,434 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
Salary: £21,133 - £21,434 per year (pro rata for part time and sessional)
Hours: 10 per week, 52 weeks
As a cleaner with the City of Edinburgh Council, you'll be a key member of our Facilities Management team. You'll deliver a vital cleaning service across our estate to ensure our properties are safe and clean places to work or learn in. Enjoy secure and flexible employment with above-market rates and excellent conditions, whilst being able to balance family, caring or studying commitments.
• Trusted employer
• Security offered by permanent positions
• Flexible hours to suit (morning, evening or daytime) from 10 to 36 hours
• Sessional hours (school term only) available on some posts
• Paid annual leave (where applicable)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Opportunities to progress to supervisory level
• Employee benefits and colleague discount scheme
• Community connection – looking after your community’s essential buildings used by your family, friends and neighbours.
As part of our team, you will be valued and respected with a key focus on training and development.
MAJOR TASKS/JOB ACTIVITIES
• To empty litter and recycling bins.
• The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
• The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
• Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
• The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
• Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
• The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
*Facilities Management has overall responsibility for keyholding to enable opening and closing of buildings that we service.
As part of the duties of a Cleaning Operative and in this particular role, you will be required to be a key holder to fulfil these tasks. This typically would include operation of security alarm systems when opening a building, closing accessible windows and doors, switching off lights and ensuring that premises are left safe and secure when closing. Please see the supporting documents for more information about the role.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs