- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £42,492 - £50,285 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Senior Policy and Insight Officer (Community Wealth Building)
Salary: £42,492 - £50,287 per year
Hours: 36 per week
This is an exciting opportunity to join the City of Edinburgh Council’s Corporate Policy and Strategy team, and to drive the development of a new approach to Community Wealth Building in Scotland’s capital city.
We are looking for a person with a passion for change, who enjoy a fast-paced policy development environment and who wants to be part of the reform of the public sector, improving services for the people of Edinburgh.
As an experienced policy development professional, you will work as part of a team to develop, influence, and implement high profile strategies and policies across the full range of public sector activities. You will be responsible for all aspects of strategy and policy development, will be outcome focused and will maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of developing high profile strategies and policies in a public sector environment;
• Has a working knowledge of, and interest in, the application of Community Wealth Building approaches in Scotland;
• Can demonstrate excellent skills in building and managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Has experience of planning and organising complex projects to time and within budget;
• Communicates well, at all levels, in writing and in person, and is able to analyse and present complex information for a variety of audiences; and
• Can demonstrate experience of taking a research and evidence led approach to policy development within a complex public sector environment.
Should you have any queries about this role, please contact email@example.com
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs